2021 Federal Scholarship Award For Nigeria Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students
The Honourable Minister of Education (HME), Mallam Adamu Adamu, hereby invites interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2021/2022 Federal Government Scholarship Awards under the Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA)
The Federal Scholarship Board (FSB) is a Department of the Federal Ministry of Education headed by a Director, as the Secretary of the Board.
It has no Governing Board as the name/nomenclature suggests. The Scholarship is available for all Nigerian student.
- Host Country: Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Japan, Macedonia, China, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
- Category: Undergraduates, Masters & PhD
- Eligible Countries: Nigeria
- Reward: Full Scholarship with Stipends
- Deadline: Unspecified
BILATERAL EDUCATION AGREEMENT (BEA)
i) Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Japan, Macedonia
ii) Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
A. Undergraduate Scholarship: All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old (2019 & 2020) for Non-African Countries and for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2020) only. The age limit is from 17 to 20 years.
B. POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS: All applicants for Postgraduate degree courses must hold a First Degree with 1st Class or at least 2nd Class Upper Division. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have acquired at least two (2) years post qualification experience or employment practice in Nigeria.
All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Programme and the age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
i) N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted; and i) Evidence of readiness to be released by an employer.
Available field of study
- Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), Pilot Engineering, Neurologis
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and PhD) in all fields.
GENERAL NOTE FOR ALL APPLICANTS:
Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one-year foreign Language course of the Country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction;
- The required certificate for candidates applying for Bachelor in Imamat, Quran Teaching Professor and Imam Preacher Training for Islamic Religious studies in Algeria is WASSCE/WAEC, and no other certificate is accepted,
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship can apply for up to two fields of study in order of preference and must visit the website: www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu which will hopefully be opened between October and November 2020, Complete the application form online,
- All applicants for Russian Postgraduate Scholarship must have acquired their 1st Degree in Russia;
- All Applicants to upload the following certificates online;
a. UNDERGRADUATE (UG): WAEC/WASSCE, Birth Certificate, Indigine letter. b. POSTGRADUATE (PG): 1st Degree Certificate, Birth Certificate, WAEC/WASSCE, Indigene letter & NYSC discharge Certificate.
NB: Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
- Data page of the current International passport;
- Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals;
- National Identification Number (NIN)
- Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.