African Development Bank (AfDB) Internship Program 2020 in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire (Stipend available
Deadline: December 8, 2019
Applications are open for the African Development Bank (AfDB) Internship Program 2020. Established in 1964, the African Development Bank (AfDB) is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 81 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries).
The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate their delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
The Internship program is part of a wider Talent Management Framework which facilitates the Bank to deliver on the Ten-Year Strategy and the High 5s. The Session 1 of the 2020 Internship Program will run from February 2020 through June 2020.
Strategic Focus Areas
The specific disciplines and specialist professional areas are aligned to the Bank’s Ten-Year Strategy (TYS) and the gender strategy. In addition to the fields that are in the job families of the Bank, focus will be on the following areas:
- Power, Energy, Climate and Green Growth
- Agriculture, Human & Social Development
- Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization
- Economics, Statistics
- Governance and Knowledge Management
- Human Resources and Corporate Services: IT, Language Services, General Services & Procurement, HR Management
- Audit, Anti-Corruption
- Communication & External Relations
- Public Relations
- Eligible Interns will be provided with a monthly stipend.
To be eligible for internship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Students aged between eighteen (18) and thirty (30) years, and currently enrolled in a Master’s level degree program or its equivalent in a recognized public or private institution of higher learning.
- The candidate can apply for an internship within one (1) year of having obtained such a degree.
- Provide a letter from their school confirming their enrollment or a copy of the above-mentioned Degree.
- Be citizens of one of the Bank’s member countries.
- Applicants must be fluent in at least one of the Banks’s two working languages (English or French).
Terms and conditions
- Internships shall be granted to each candidate for a period not less than three (3) months and not more than six (6) months. The internship is authorized only once for any candidate.
- Interns shall be responsible for their air travel (where applicable) to and from the Bank’s location as well as their upkeep.
- Interns shall be responsible for their medical insurance coverage and for obtaining entry and residence visas in the host country of the Bank.
Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online complete application and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV).
For more information, visit AfDB Internship.