Apply for Active Citizenship Nigeria Award 2021 for Young Changemakers.
The Active Citizenship in Nigeria Award (formerly known as Active Citizenship in Education Award) is a periodic public recognition of young Nigerians (between the ages of 15 and 35) living in Nigeria, who go beyond their civic duties to improve access to quality education and better healthcare for children and young people in Nigeria. The initiative aims to create awareness about the importance of quality education in national development and the contribution of good healthcare in advancing education in Nigeria. The award seeks to encourage young people to regularly take actions (online or offline) that contribute to achieving SGG 4: Quality education and SDG 3: Health and well-being in Nigeria. The winner will receive a recognition e-certificate and an award Plaque.
The Award Process:
- Call for nominations
- Internal screening by the award team
- Selection of semi-finalists
- A one-way video interview of semi-finalists
- Selection of finalists
- Public voting to select the final winner for each category: Active Citizen in Education and Active Citizen in Health
- Be a Nigerian living in Nigeria
- Must not be below 15 years or above 35 years of age
- Your work should be in the education or health sector
- Your target audience should be children or young people in Nigeria
- Someone can recommend you, but you must submit the application yourself
Call To Action
The call for nomination is open; you can refer someone you know or submit a self-nomination. Click the button below to nominate.