Apply for job Recruitment as Secretary at National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON)
The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) is responsible for the monitoring and regulation of Hajj and Umrah activities in Nigeria. As part of its commitment to its mission “to diligently implement the NAHCON Act”, NAHCON is dedicated to ensuring that experienced and capable personnel, fill leadership roles as they become vacant.
Consequently, the Commission is seeking a qualified, skilled and focused individual, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Secretary
- The successful individual will statutorily, be responsible for keeping the records, conduct correspondences and serve as Secretary at all meetings of the Commission.
- These will be in addition to ensuring effective reporting of the Commission’s activities, maintenance of the register of licensed Hajj operators, facilitation of publication of the Commission’s regulations and coordination of the Commission’s standard of performance.
Applications are welcome from individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree, its equivalent or higher in Public Administration, Human Resources Management or any other related field
- A Muslim of sound mind
- Membership of relevant professional body(ies) will be an added advantage
- Experience in large scale logistics management
- Excellent understanding of modern office technology, including relevant computer software
- Not more than 55 years of age.
- Be a knowledgeable person in Islamic Studies
- Proficiency in Arabic and English as working languages
- Minimum of 20 years work experience with at least 10 years of these in top management
- The submission should be in a single attachment. NAHCON is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity or physical ability.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the next stage(s) of the exercise
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application consisting of a Statement of Purpose, not exceeding 300 words and accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant qualification(s) via email only to: email@example.com