Apply for Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology Scholarship Program.
Our goal is to raise the next generation of ethical and transformational leaders who would influence change on the African Continent.
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (MCFSP at KNUST) provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality university education. The Program offers an opportunity for its scholars to receive holistic training that empowers them to be change leaders. The Scholars Program embodies an array of services including mentorship, cultural transition, etc. that will lead to the scholar’s academic success, community engagement, and transition to employment opportunities which will further the goal of social and economic transformation of Africa.
The Scholarship package includes:
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation allowance, and a monthly stipend).
- Counseling Support Services.
- Career Development Services (including Industrial Mentorship, Career Guidance, Professional Development, and Enterprise Development, amongst others)
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services, and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back),
- Uniquely sourced internships with industry for Professional development.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and networking with the Global Scholars Community.
For the 2021/2022 Academic year:
- All Applicants must have a WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’Level and A’Level or their equivalent Results from an accredited/recognized institution and Certificate Ready and must meet KNUST’s Admission Requirements. NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be accepted. The applicant’s result must be at least a year old.
- The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
Priority shall be given to;
- Displaced Persons (Certified Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, etc.)
- Persons with Disability
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
- The Applicant must not be enrolled in any tertiary institution.
DEADLINE: May 31, 2021
Apply visit here