Apply for Monitoring & Evaluation Officer At Nourishing Africa
Company: Nourishing Africa
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Job Location: Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
Nourishing Africa is looking to employ a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer who will provide methodological and technical support to teams to ensure the quality of M&E tools in programs development and implementation.
The candidate must have experience assessing and reporting on activities pertaining to funding, transparency, program efficacy, and driving overall outcomes. A significant focus of this position is providing relevant data and results to inform donors and stakeholders. As such, expertise in data quality, audits, reporting and database management is required.
In this role, you will be required to fulfil the following primary responsibilities working as a key member of the Nourishing Africa team:
- Develop program monitoring and evaluation plans, identify critical information areas, data sources, metrics, and indicators consistent with the program requirements.
- Prepare, support and plan for baseline, midline and impact studies and evaluation.
- Support the development and management of the program online data portal.
- Train program partners and participants on data requirements, best practices in data collection, timelines, and the use of the online data portal.
- Prepare, deploy, and analyze training effectiveness questionnaire across focus states and proffer actionable next steps.
- Track the progress of implementation activities against targets.
- Collect, verify, analyze and store data per the program requirements.
- Ensure ethical principles related to M&E are respected during the collection, processing, analysis, and use of data.
- Interface with program partners and participants to ensure timely uploads of data.
- Verify uploaded data and maintain a master list of all program data.
- Carry out periodic visits to program partners and participants to verify field reports and assess compliance with established requirements.
- Establish M&E budgets and encourage the optimal allocation of available resources, including financial, logistical, and technical and human resources.
- Produce communication and reporting tools and mechanisms.
- Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly statistical updates on key activities, challenges and mitigation strategies.
- Ensure that M&E directives are correctly rolled out within the organization and during programs and that Nourishing Africa teams adopt all existing/recommended M&E methodological guidelines and tools.
- Develop and write sections on M&E in program proposals.
- Inform the Program Lead and/or Program Coordinator of any unmet targets, contextual changes (risks and opportunities) and adverse effects on partners and beneficiaries.
Job Desired Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, business administration, economics, public policy, social development, engineering, or a closely related field.
- Two or more years of proven experience working in the field of monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance management, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Ability to manage critical relationships with diplomacy and tact and engage a wide range of stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent computer proficiency.
- Experience in planning and managing surveys, developing and refining data collection tools, and data quality assessments.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to synthesize complex information and communicate it effectively to diverse audiences.
- Ability to design and implement efficient workflows and procedures.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members.
- Available to start immediately.
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: Not Specified