Apply for Paradigm Digital Rights and Inclusion Media Fellowship 2021 (Grant Available)
Application is now open for the 5th edition of the Paradigm Initiative (PIN) Digital Rights and Inclusion Media Fellowship (DRIMF). Through academic and practical learnings, Paradigm Initiative Digital Rights and Inclusion Media Fellowship 2021 seeks to embed media professionals within the digital ecosystem. Media Fellows will connect with PIN teams in Cameroon, Kenya, Nigeria, Senegal, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
The fellowship seeks to expose media professionals to an underreported field of work at national and regional level, increasing reporting on digital rights and inclusion in Africa. Selected media professionals must be available to commence the fellowship from 1 August 2021 to 30 November 2021, to connect and collaborate mostly virtually, and where applicable, be present for in-person activities.
- Online Digital Rights/Inclusion academic training.
- Interaction with PIN team members within Africa.
- 4-month virtual mentorship and collaboration with Paradigm Initiative.
- Fellowship may include fully-funded local and international travel to participate in and cover relevant events related to Digital Rights and Inclusion.
- A monthly stipend and a one-time research grant during the fellowship period.
- The Fellowship is open to early career journalists with not more than 8 years’ experience in the media sector and affiliated with mainstream print and online newspapers in Africa.
- Interested candidates must have a relevant undergraduate degree and demonstrate previous coverage of human rights and/or tech issues and interest in advancing digital rights and inclusion.
DEADLINE: June 22 2021