Apply for Recent Job Opening for Guidance and Counsellor at Nile University of Nigeria
Nile University of Nigeria is a fast-growing private higher education institution located in Abuja. The University was founded in 2009 and is a member institution of Honoris United Universities, the first and largest Pan African network of Higher Institutions. Nile University has over 6,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students, 38 undergraduate programs across six faculties, as well as 51 postgraduate programs across six faculties.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Guidance and Counsellor
Location: Jabi, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Provide professional and confidential counselling to students and staff, for a range of personal, social, professional, academic, career and financial concerns.
- Recognise and appropriately take care of individual students’ socio-emotional challenges
- Coordinate and facilitate students’ groups for improving social skills or addressing behavioral challenges
- Complete regular reports for services provided, such as session notes and incident reports
- Consult with families and staff to highlight students’ needs and discuss strategies necessary for improved social and academic performance
- Collaborate with teaching staff to determine how best to meet individual students’ needs
- Work with school faculty and staff to develop plans for maintaining the well-being of individual students and of the student population as a whole
- Assist students in understanding and overcoming social, behavioral, or academic problems
- Provide group or individual counseling to address the needs of students
- Evaluate students’ academic/ career plans and assist them in setting realistic goals
- Monitor and observe students to identify and address personal, emotional, or social issues
- Arrange and schedule orientation programmes and internships
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Psychology, Guidance & Counselling or a related Degree.
- Possesses minimum of five (5) years of work experience as a Counselor in an academic/ learning environment.
- Possesses experience working with students.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent time-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Perceptive intuition and decision-making skills.
- Remarkable professionalism and good work ethics.
- Knowledge of multiple counseling approaches.
- Affiliation with a Professional body
- Must be adept in the use of MS Office Packages.
Application Closing Date
15th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.