Apply For Theirworld Education Innovation Award 2021 (£50,000 Prize)
Application is now for Theirworld Education Innovation Award 2021 for young innovators working hard to make a difference in the lives of vulnerable young people.
Theirworld can help you to unlock your potential. Our Education Innovation Awards 2021 will help interesting and exciting programmes prepare to scale up and reach even more marginalised children and youth. Open to non-profits, NGOs and charities, the Awards will help five winners to build their skills and capacities through masterclasses, one-to-one mentoring and £50,000 scale-ready grants.
The core themes of our Education Innovation Awards are Innovation, Investment and Inspiration.
To apply for the Education Innovation Awards, your innovation must be:
- Registered as a nonprofit, NGO or charity
- At pilot stage with 200+ beneficiaries and 18+ months’ existence and some initial evidence of scaleup potential
- Working in, or planning to scale up to, one or more of the countries in which Theirworld is currently working: Greece, Kenya, Lebanon, Nigeria, Tanzania, Turkey, or Uganda.
- Focused on an issue that falls under one or more of Theirworld’s three pillars:
- The best start in life – includes a healthy birth, and quality and inclusive early childhood education.
- A safe place to learn – means looking out for vulnerable children and youth, especially children in emergencies and conflict.
- Skills for the future – ensures all young people are ready to become engaged citizens able to participate meaningfully in society and the future of work.
- Reaching marginalised learners, such as people in poverty and/or refugee or displaced populations.
If your innovation does not meet the eligibility criteria, please see the Frequently Asked Questions for more information on how you can stay in touch for future Awards.
Any applications received after this time will not be considered. Our eligibility checker will close 24 hours before at 23:59 BST on 10 June 2021.
How to apply
The process is super simple:
- Check your eligibility – 3 minutes.
- Complete the application form, budget, and short video – 30-45 minutes.