Assistant Lecturer (Social and Management Sciences) at the Borno State University
Borno State University is an educational institution in Maiduguri, Borno State that was established in the year 2016 with over five faculties and 20 departments.
Assistant Lecturer needed at Borno State University.
JOB TITLE: Assistant Lecturer (CONUASS 02)
JOB LOCATION: Borno
Faculty: Social and Management Sciences
We need lecturers who can lecture in any of the following departments:
- Department of Accounting
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Economics
- Department of Geography
- Department of Mass Communication
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Public Administration.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidate must be holder of Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in the relevant areas from recognized Universities.
- Evidence of publications in learned journals in University and apex research / training institutes is also required.
- Candidate must have evidence of NYSC discharge or exemption certificate.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Twenty (20) hard copies of their Applications along with their Credentials and Curriculum Vitae which should include the following details:
- Full Name
- Post Desired and Department
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth and State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address
- GSM Number
- Email Address
- Marital Status
- Number of Children
- Institutions Attended (with dates – Starting with the latest)
- Academic Qualifications (with dates – Starting with the latest)
- Professional Qualifications (with dates – Starting with the latest)
- Honors, Distinctions and Membership of Learned Professional Societies (Starting with the latest)
- Working Experience (General and Specific Experience: Starting with the latest)
- Research interest or Commissioned Projects:
- Completed (list)
- List of Publications with Details of Title, Publishers, or dates and pages (where applicable)
- Conferences and Workshops attended with papers presented (Starting with the latest) in Peer-reviewed journals.
- Information on Fellowship, Masters’ Projects and Ph.D. Thesis Supervised: (To include the following) (Starting with the latest):
- Title of Thesis
- Name of Student(s)
- Date / Year of Commencement
- Completed / Ongoing (Anticipated date of Completion)
- Sole / Collaborative Supervision
- Details of Administrative Experience
- Teaching Experience
- Service to the Community (with status and dates)
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and Employer
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees: Two of the referees must be a senior professional / scientist in the candidate’s fields. It is the duty of the Candidate to inform the referees to write and send their report to the Registrar before the closing date.
All applications should be addressed and submitted to:
Borno State University,
P. M.B. 1122, Njimtilo,
Kano Road, Maiduguri,
- Candidates should indicate the position they applied for boldly on the right-hand side of the envelope.
- Only shortlisted candidate will receive an acknowledgement and invitation for an interview.
Deadline: December 21, 2020