Australia Student Visa Process 2023 | (A Complete Guide)
Australia Student Visa Process 2023 | (A Complete Guide) Australia Student Visa Process 2023 – If you have chosen Australia for your education, it is an exciting step towards a bright future. But before you travel, there are a few or more things that you should keep in mind. Like; when every other person move to any other country from their country of origin they need an entry visa to enter the country the same is the case with students you need a student visa so that immigration officials in Australia know your intentions to move to country.
Therefore, to make this process easier and more convenient for you, we have created a complete Australian student visa guide that will guide you through each process and make your application simple and easier. We will also answer some of the frequently asked questions related to the process so that you can have a clear and better idea about the requirements and dos and don’ts.
Australia Student Visa Process 2023 Details
- Country: Australia
- Category: Student Visa
- Eligible Countries: International Students
What is Australia Student Visa?
A student visa is a document that allows foreign students to move to Australia and remain there and study for at least the duration of the study program. The Australian Student visa issued mostly to foreigners is categorized as a Subclass 500 visa.
Australia Study Visa Requirements
For subclass 500 student visas, applicants must keep the following documents with them during the time of application, for instance;
- A valid passport
- National identity card/Driver’s License (in some cases)
- Recent photographs
- Application form for Australia Student visa (must be signed)
- The age limit starts from 6 years (for primary/secondary/tertiary education)
- Younger than 17 years old when they begin year 9 of school.
- Younger than 18 years old when they begin year 10 of school.
- Younger than 19 years old when they begin year 11 of school.
- Younger than 20 years old when they begin year 12 of school.
- Confirmation letter of enrollment (CoE) in any institute containing details of courses and study plan. Please keep in mind to submit a valid CoE, in case of the expiry date your student visa may get canceled.
- Letter of support, if;
- A student is sponsored by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
- A student is sponsored by the Department of Defense.
- Secondary exchange students must submit an Acceptance Advice of Secondary Exchange Student Form.
- Postgraduate research students who are meant to stay in Australia after their study program is completed and need to complete their thesis must provide a letter from their education provider.
- Parental consent for bringing a child under 18 years of age with you to Australia without another parent.
- Civil Documents (birth certificate/marriage certificate/divorce papers/adoption papers)
- Health Insurance.
- Evidence of Financial Capacity. You must provide present proof of your enough financial funds to support your 1 year of living in Australia with all other expenses including tuition fees.
- English Language Proficiency Certification
- Good Character Requirements
- Genuine Temporary Entrant stating that you don’t intend to overstay in Australia and will leave the country as soon your visa expires.
- Updated CV/Resume
- Any history of employment or experience
- If you are younger than 18 years, then submit Form
- You will also need to sign Australian Value Statement to show your loyalty to following all the values and laws of Australia.
- If you are sorting out your application process with an agent, then you must also submit an Authorized Recipient Form.
English Language Certification Requirements
The following scores and certification for English language proficiency are eligible if you want to apply for an Australia Student visa, such as;
- IELTS – 5
- TOEFL – 46
- PTE – 42
- Occupational English Test – B grade
- Cambridge English Advanced Certificate – 162
Students belonging to the following countries or fulfilling the following criteria are not required to submit IELTS:
- New Zealand
- The Republic of Ireland
- Students who are sponsored by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, or Department of Defense.
- Students of secondary exchange programs.
- Students enrolled in a course of study that is a registered school course.
- Students who are registered in a standalone English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students.
- Students who are registered in a course that is delivered in a language other than English.
- Students who have completed at least 5 years of study in any of these countries: UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, or the Republic of Ireland.
How to apply for Australia Study Visa?
There is a step-by-step process for applying for an Australian Student visa, such as;
#1. Create ImmiAccount
All applicants will need to make an account on the webpage of ImmiAccount. After that, they will need to fill out the application form for a subclass 500 student visa for Australia.
#2. Gather Required Documents
The next step is to assemble and gather all the important and necessary documents that need to be translated into English.
#3. Visa Fee
The third step is to pay the dues or charges of the process of visa application for Australia. The fee for a visa is different in each condition, for example; if you are going alone, you will be charged less or accordingly whereas, if you are bringing someone with you then the fee will increase.
#4. Wait for the Decision
Soon as you go through every step, your application will start processing and after evaluation, a decision will be made, and the Immigration Office will notify you about the decision.
Australia Student Visa Validity
The student visa for Subclass 500 is valid for up to five years. In some cases, the visa duration can be reduced if your course takes less than five years to complete. You can also extend your student visa if you need.
Related Post: Fully Funded Scholarships in Australia 2023
1. How long a Student Visa for Australia takes to process?
2. Australia Study Visa Cost?
The cost of an Australia Student visa for subclass 500 is AUD 630.
3. Can I Get Permanent Residency with a Student Visa in Australia?
No, students can’t get permanent residency with their student visas. To gain permanent residency, you should apply for a permanent skilled work visa. Otherwise, once the student visa expires students must leave Australia.
4. Can I Work with a Student Visa in Australia?
Yes, students are allowed to work for up to 40 hours (about 1 and a half days) every 2 weeks. You can only start working when your course starts and not when your visa is issued.
5. Can I Travel Abroad With a subclass 500 Student Visa?
Yes, international students with a visa of Subclass 500 can travel freely if their visa is valid.
6. Can I bring Family Members with Me on a Subclass 500 Visa?
Yes, students are allowed to bring Family members if they are: