NIM SIM Registration: How to check your National Identification Number NIN from your mobile phone
The National Identity Management Commission asks Nigerians to use dial *346# to retrieve their NIN number.
This comes as Nigerian Communications Commission [NCC] give two weeks deadline for subscribers to provide valid National Identification Number (NIN) to update SIM registration records.
The USSD code is available for customers that use MTN, Airtel, 9mobile and Glo network.
NCC introduced new measure for mobile phone SIM users and part of that is compulsory update of valid National Identification Number [NIN].
For subscribers which have not done their registration for the National Identity Card, these are step by step guide on how to go about it.
- Fill the NIMC Pre- Enrolment online form on the NIMC portal Here Put The correct information for all the mandatory fields for this form.
- Download and print your Pre-Enrolment Slip.
Click HERE to check NIMC Enrollment centers in yout state.p
Submit Your Application
- Walk into the nearest NIMC Registration Centre with any one of the following Original and Valid supporting documents.
- In the Enrolment Center, they will direct you to a counter wrere Enrolment Officer will verify all the details you provided for your application.
- If your application are in order, Enrolment officer will guide you to proceed with the capture of biometrics (ten finger prints and facial image) and you will collect the Transaction ID Slip as evidence of the transaction.
Collect your NIN
- The normal time frame to get your National Identification Number (NIN) Slip is within 2 to 3 working days from the time they captured your biometric details in enrolment centers.
- The issuance of NIN can take longer time for some cases due of validation of details for NIMC.
- You will need to keep the Transaction ID Slip very well which you will present at the time of collection of NIN Slip.
How to know if your Nimc card don ready?
Visit the National Identity Management Commission [NIMC] website- Here
Scroll down to home page and click on ‘e-ID Card Status Portal’ to check if your card is ready and if it is available in activation centre.
After, fill in your first name, last name and your NIMC check tracking ID and click the ‘check now’ icon button.