Ongoing Employment Opportunity for Specialist, Monitoring Evaluation & Learning – Nigeria at Development Alternatives Incorporated
Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist, Monitoring Evaluation & Learning – Nigeria
Job Code: 7378
Location: Abuja (with travel to program offices in Nigeria and work locations)
Reports to: Senior Manager, Strategic Communications & Knowledge Management
- The Monitoring Evaluation & Learning Manager will be responsible for setting up an Monitoring & Evaluation framework for tracking project outcomes and impact across the DAI portfolio in Nigeria.
- He/She will assess the logrframe/results framework of projects and design an integrated framework that enables DAI collect and analyze information on outcomes and emerging impact.
- The Manager will collaborate with and motivate the MEL project teams and short-term technical assistance relating to evaluation and learning.
- She/he will also be responsible for conducting high quality research, and technical writing deliverables.
- He/She will be part of a multidisciplinary team that produces high impact deliverables such as online resource databases, information dashboards, websites, research, case studies, discourse events, learning sessions, newsletters, and other media products that are relevant for employees, project teams, and clients.
- This role will strengthen the ability of DAI to tell the story of change and impact that demonstrates its contribution to the development priorities of Nigeria and global development.
- This will involve working closely with the MEL advisors on DA projects which have diverse M&E systems and requirements as well as working closely with corporate unit heads to collect corporate workplan and financial performance data for analysis.
- He/she will lead on the design of a corporate MEL framework and provide regular updates to senior management including routine reporting on high level performance of the Nigeria portfolio – corporate and programmatic.
- This is critical to our ability to win future bids and improve the programme delivery of the bids we win.
- Provide leadership support to all MEL activities and put in place the foundation of a robust MEL team.
- Coordinate and facilitate MEL system strengthening processes and implementation of data collection, analysis, reporting and data quality improvement for strategic communication
- Gather evidence – corporate and programmatic – to demonstrate outcomes & impact from projects against DAI strategic themes
- Design and maintenance of performance dashboards, and reporting tools
- Ensure databases are efficient and effective for organization-wide knowledge management, information dissemination and use
- Contribute to proposal development by participating in incubators and designing MEL strategies
- Conduct MEL capacity development support and keep up to date with latest thinking on evaluation and impact measurement
- Undertake billable project work in proven areas of expertise
- Conceptualize and coordinate research activities and evaluations: interviews & focus groups with beneficiaries, clients and project staff
- Arrange, code and thematically analyze qualitative evidence collected
- Generate reports evidencing the impact of DAI projects across 6 main themes: governance, climate, digital acceleration, economic growth, health and financial advisory.
- Contribute to internal reporting such as monthly reports, monthly newsletters, and annual reports for dissemination to audiences within and outside the company.
- Any other duties as specified by line manager.
Qualifications and Person Specifications
- A Master’s Degree in a Science course such as Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or related field. An advanced certificate in M&E, or Statistics is an advantage.
- At least 6 years of experience with expertise research, project impact evaluation, and data analysis – quantitative and qualitative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and must possess the ability to deliver technically rigorous documents.
- A curious, creative & collaborative mindset, attention to detail, problem-solving attitude, an ability to work under pressure, adhere to tight deadlines & deliver high-quality work.
- Professionalism, cross-cultural competence, comfortable engaging in a global firm, a proven ability to work across multiple business functions and proficient at managing stakeholders.
- Strong facilitation and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/ performance monitoring plans.
- Proven success in designing & implementing project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
Federal and State Government Recruitment
Oil and Gas Jobs
Banking and Finance Jobs
International NGOs Recruitment
Federal and State University Jobs
Federal and State Polytechnic Jobs
Customer Service Jobs
Tired of applying for many job offers and not getting interviews?
We have the solution you are looking for!
Getting your dream job starts with a lot of personal branding and our CV writing experts will help your CV gain clarity and turn your career journey into a professional story by using words – ATS keys specific to your sector that will communicate your skills and experience. And the ability to employers in a unique and professional way, which earns you more job interviews.
Most of our clients testified of getting up to 3 interviews in a week after renewing our professional resume and using our creative cover letter and LinkedIn profile improvement services.
* Creative and Professional CV Services
* Creative services and cover letter
* Professional profile improvement services on LinkedIn.
You can purchase any of these services by clicking on the link below
Send an email to email@example.com
We are 100% more than hype.
MUST READ: How to Write Your Own Professional CV (Curriculum Vitae)
RECOMMENDED SCHOLARSHIP SEARCH FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Scholarship In America
Scholarship in UK
Scholarship in Europe
Scholarship in Australia
Fully Funded scholarships and Grants
HOW TO WRITE A JOB APPLICATION COVER LETTER
A cover letter is a document that is attached to an application and aims to introduce the candidate more personally. It should supplement information from a CV or curriculum vitae, address skills and achievements, and highlight a selection of the most relevant accomplishments.
Do you see? This isn’t rocket science. It’s just a message supporting your application.
CLICK HERE FOR GUIDE ON HOW TO WRITE A COVER LETTER
As digital transformation changes traditional roles in the workplace and creates new jobs, there is an urgent need for employees to develop and deepen their technical skills to improve the quality of work, foster creativity and remain employable.
If you have a growth mindset, you can close the skills gap and create more exciting job opportunities for yourself. CLICK HERE FOR BEST CAREER ADVICE/GUIDE
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by those assigned to this function.
- It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks and skills required of persons so classified.
- All employees may be required to undertake other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as required.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interview, testing or any other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. If you receive a fee request, please ignore it.
- Also, please note that logos, slogans, names and titles are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, particular care should be taken when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that values inclusiveness and diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of color, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status or orientation gender in our employment practices
- Our employees are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and perspectives. And we want to include your ideas, are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and do not discriminate in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the necessity of the position, we are entitled to appoint a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for an interview
Deroundtable.com is a blog about jobs, vacancies, and job opportunities. We share daily updates of available jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, loans and grants from government/international organisations.
Dearoundtable.com is not an agent of this organization, and we cannot assist any candidate in obtaining a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share information for those interested in applying.
Dearoundtable admins will never contact any candidate requesting payment like me or requesting an OTP token.
Our services are completely free.
Beware of scammers