OWSD Early Career Fellowship for Female Scientists 2020(USD 50,000)
The fellowship programme supports early-career women scientists to lead important research projects in those countries which have been identified as especially lacking in scientific and technological resources. The fellows will undertake their research projects in one of the eligible countries and applicants must demonstrate that they have spent significant periods of time in that country (at least 5 years in total). Applicants must also have a guarantee of employment at the institution where they intend to carry out the research.
During the 2-year fellowship, fellows will build on their leadership and management skills, develop connections with a variety of public and private sector partners to potentially convert their research into marketable products or guarantee its impact on a broader scale. By improving their communication and outreach skills, fellows will also learn to effectively present their research to various audiences, thus attracting new collaborators and potential funders to ensure the sustainability of the research project.
- The OWSD Early Career Fellowship is for two years and provides up to USD 50,000.
- Please note that the OWSD Early Career Fellowship does not provide for the fellow’s salary which must be guaranteed by the fellow’s institution.
- The fellow’s institution must waive any overhead or indirect costs on the research project. However, applicants can include in their budget break-down any costs for support from the institution that will directly benefit the research project (for example, lab technician’s time, maintenance and utility costs, administrative officer’s time, etc.).
- Applicants must have been resident in one of the listed Science and Technology Lagging Countries (STLCs)* for at least 5 years.
- The 5 years do not have to be consecutive.
- The countries may vary slightly each year.
- Applicants can be citizens of any country, provided that the above residence requirement is fulfilled.
- At the time of application, applicants must provide proof of being employed at the university or research institute where the research project will be carried out. If employment has not yet commenced, proof of employment offer and confirmation of acceptance is required.
- The institution where the research project will be carried out must be in one of the listed STLCs.
- Applicants must provide evidence that they will receive a salary from their university/research institute for the duration of the two-year fellowship.
DEADLINE: April 15 2020
To apply and for more information visit here