Permanent Positions for Protocol Assistant at ECOWAS in Abuja, Nigeria (3 posts available: Average Yearly Income of USD39, 900)
Overview of the roles for Permanent Protocol Assistant positions at ECOWAS in Abuja, Nigeria
Under the supervision of the Protocol Officer, the incumbent will assist in providing protocol services to Parliament.
Role and Responsibilities for Permanent Protocol Assistant Positions at ECOWAS in Abuja, Nigeria
- Assist in providing protocol services to Members, staff and guests of Parliament during meetings, official ceremonies, visits, receptions, luncheons and other social functions;
- Assist in the acquisition of ECOWAS laissez-passes, diplomatic license plates, residence permits, etc. ;
- Assist in liaising with partner institutions within the diplomatic community such as governments, missions, delegations, governmental and non-governmental bodies;
- Facilitate official travel by assisting in obtaining visas and airline tickets;
- Perform other tasks that may be assigned.
Academic Qualifications and Experience of Permanent Positions for Protocol Assistant at ECOWAS in Abuja, Nigeria
- Ordinary National Diploma / Brevet de Technicien Supérieur (BTS) in human sciences, arts, public relations or in one of the social sciences disciplines from a recognized university / institution.
- 2 years of progressively responsible professional experience in protocol services, administration or related area;
- Knowledge of the norms, rules and practices of diplomatic conferences and protocol in an international setting;
- Ability to manage travel services;
Be under 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
ECOWAS Key Competencies
- Ability to make suggestions based on own observations that will improve the way work is done and confidently lead to their implementation as desired.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively as a member of a team, coaching teams and occasionally leading discussions and/or filling in other leadership roles as needed.
- Ability to support the team by keeping abreast of team initiatives, events and needs, assisting team leaders as needed.
- Ability to work under pressure and be dependable for results.
- Ability to take responsibility for own career and performance and to participate regularly and independently in self-assessment activities.
- Ability to develop and maintain the skills and expertise required to perform the role effectively.
- Excellent work ethic, positivity, motivation, flexibility and problem solving skills to perform the duties associated with the position.
- Ability to take initiative to solve semi-routine problems and make recommendations to improve the quality/quantity of customer services.
- A burning desire to help others in a variety of circumstances relevant to own area of work and to refer to the appropriate person for further assistance when needed.
- Ability to work in a team to articulate customer needs.
- Ability to effectively manage own time and meet service standards and goals related to assigned responsibilities.
- Understands how to access internal resources or services to increase cultural awareness and actively seeks to improve multicultural skills when interacting with others from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, particularly in West Africa.
- Ability to listen carefully to people’s ideas, requests and concerns and to understand, internalize and develop diversity management skills in accordance with ECOWAS rules/policies.
- Ability and responsibility to include gender perspectives and ensure equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Ability to recognize preconceived ideas and stereotypical opinions about certain groups and individuals and successfully adopt inclusive and culturally appropriate behaviors.
How to Apply for Permanent Positions for Protocol Assistant at ECOWAS in Abuja, Nigeria
- Download the application form by clicking on the link in parentheses (JOB APPLICATION FORM), and fill it out correctly.
- Attach the completed application form, a curriculum vitae (CV) and a letter of motivation.
- Send all three documents to the email address provided.
- Applications should be sent to: email@example.com from 31 march 2023 to 15 may 2023
Apply Here: https://parl.ecowas.int/ecojob/protocol-assistant-3-vacancies/