VACANCY: Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State Massive Academic Staff Recruitment.
Covenant University is a leading world-class University with a quest for Academic Excellence and a strong industry-driven research base.
We seek to attract research active Academics in the Professorial and all other Lectureship positions, who are ready
to carve out a niche for themselves in distinguished collaborative and ground-breaking research.
Prospective candidate should have passionate interest in being part of a team that believes in pedagogic excellence in raising a new generation of leaders both in academic and industry. In pursuit of this robust goal, the University is set to employ qualified candidates on regular, sabbatical and visiting appointments from all over the world.
College of Management and Social Sciences (CMSS)
B. Banking and Finance
C. Business Management (Business Administration, Marketing, Industrial
Relations and HRM, Entrepreneurship)
D. Economics and Development Studies (Demography and Social Statistics,
E. Mass Communication
College of Engineering (CoE)
A. Chemical Engineering
B. Petroleum Engineering
C. Electrical & Information Engineering (Computer Engineering, Electrical &
Electronics Engineering, Information & Communication Technology)
D. Civil Engineering
E. Mechanical Engineering
College of Leadership Development Studies (CLDS)
A. Leadership Studies
B. Languages and General Studies (English and French)
D. Political Science & International Relations
College of Science & Technology (CST)
B. Building Technology
F. Computer & Information Sciences (Computer Science, Management and
H. Estate Management
I. Biological Sciences (Applied Biology & Biotechnology, Animal & Environmental
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
In all cases, candidates are required to possess appropriate skills and orientations for respective discipline as well as possess teaching abilities with adequate research
- 1. Professor: Ph.D. degree with specialization in the discipline applied for with evidence of academic leadership in terms of publications, project design
execution and monitoring, administrative leadership etc. minimum 10 years of
post-qualification, full time relevant teaching and research experience.
Researches with Professors who meet prescribed internationally recognized
contributions are moved to Research Scholar scale which offers internationally
competitive remuneration to such grade of academics.
- 2. Associate Professor (Reader): Same as for Professor but with minimum 8 years
post –qualification, full time, relevant teaching and research experience.
- 3. Senior Lecturer: Same as for Professor but with minimum 5 years of postqualification, full time, relevant teaching and research experience.
- 4. Lecturer I: Ph.D. degree from a reputable university, with minimum 2 years of
post -qualification teaching experience, and evidence of scholarly publications.
- 5. Lecturer II: Ph.D Degree from a reputable University. However, fresh Ph.D holders shall not be evaluated on the publication criterion.
For professional courses,
candidates with the Master’s Degree and full corporate registration certificates
from professional associations by an act of the National Assembly can apply.
- 6. Assistant Lecturer: A Master’s Degree in relevant disciplines with a CGPA or
percentage score suitable for undertaking Ph.D programmes. Such candidates must
satisfy their Departments and Colleges that they possess the skills for sustained
Remuneration and other Conditions of Service
Our total package is aimed at motivating faculty to being their best. The university is
determined to offer all her employees, a globally-competitive, career-fulfilling package.
This package is offered on two platforms: salary and non-salary package as indicated
Covenant University Academic Salary Structure (CUASS)
Salary Structure Annual Pay (N)
- 1. Lecturer ll without Ph.D.
1,863,945 – 2,236,983
- 2. Lecturer II with Ph.D.
2,023,820 – 2,396,855
- 3. Lecturer I without Ph.D.
2,350,394 – 3,032,931
- 4 Lecturer I with Ph.D.
2,606,346 – 3,288,890
- 5. Senior Lecturer
3,621,844 – 4,777,836
- 6. Associate Professor
4,413,343 – 5,810,616
- 7. Professor
5,596,571 – 6,983,566
Teaching and Research active scholars will attract special package according to their
Special package also awaits Faculty from the Diaspora.
Other perks and why you should consider working with us.
We are a pension compliant Institution and in addition to this, the University provides
the following conditions of service;
An Encompassing and empowering (Physical, moral and spiritual) IT-driven
environment with 24 hour electricity and water supply, 24 hours campus security and
intelligence crew and Residential arrangement for both staff and faculty that allows for focus and concentration;
Maintenance of stable Academic calendar. Well-stocked Library with current
publications (books, journals and multimedia centre); State of the art Laboratories, Workshops and specialized Facilities;
Conference Supports and Sponsorship for both international and local conferences:
Research and Development Grants;
Support for continuous academic and professional development
Openness to international collaborations with other institutions etc.
Method of Application:
Interested candidates for the positions advertised should submit:
An application Letter and detailed curriculum vitae (expected details below)
Section (a) Personal Data
- Name (surname first)
- Date of birth
- Local Government Area
- State of origin
- Marital status
- Number of children
- Contact address
- Residential address
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
- Present position with date
- Current salary
- Post applied for
- Section (b) Educational History
- Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and professional qualifications
- Teaching experience
- Academic rank held with dates
- Academic position held with dates
- Honours, scholarship, fellowships and prizes/awards
- Statement of personal research focus
- Institutional academic development plan
- Publication and journals (international/local)
- Contribution to book (international/local)
- Manuscript submitted for publication
- Unpublished conferences/workshop paper and public lectures
- Conferences attended
- B.Sc/M.Sc/Ph.D supervision
- Membership or learning societies and professional bodies Names and addresses of three
- Referral Letters from (3) Referees (at least one of whom must, where
appropriate, be the Head of the applicant’s current place of employment); and 2 of 3 referees should make specific statements on the competence base of the candidate’s research and academic pedigree.
- Attached set of credentials.
Applications should be submitted within 3 weeks of this publication to the following emails;
firstname.lastname@example.org and copy the respective College of your department as applicable
The subject of your email should “Academic Staff Vacancy [Position-College]” e.g.
Academic Staff Vacancy [Senior Lecturer- CMSS].
Please note that former applicants need to update their application in line with the